Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Father's Day this year was almost an epic fail on my part. I am apparently not a good planner after having surgery and being busy with work. As of the day before Father's Day I had nothing for Sam. I started to panic, but at the last minute decided to go to Costco and get him what he really wanted: the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. I may or may not have almost cried in the checkout line after spending so much money, but I really love my wonderful husband and wanted to totally surprise him for his special day. Plus I wanted to get him something that reflected how much I appreciate all of the wonderful things he does for our family. I don't think I could even begin to say how great Sam is with our kids, and how much he pitches in when I am not around/at work. It really doesn't get better than him :]

My three boys :]

Anyway, on Father's Day first we went to church and taught our primary class--well Sam taught and I tried to keep the kids in line. It didn't go too badly lol. We got to walk home with the kids in the stroller, which was actually quite enjoyable, considering it was kinda hot outside. Once we put Max down for a nap and fed Jayson lunch, I went and put Sam's tablet in a giant Christmas bag and hid it in a bunch of tissue paper. Then I had Jayson drag out the gift bag to give to Sam. It was pretty hilarious if I do say so myself :] Of course, Sam was totally psyched to get his new tablet, and very much enjoyed getting to set it up once Jayson napped too. Later on that evening, we went over to my sister's house and all the grown ups had Costa Vida in celebration of the dads. Guess I managed to save Father's Day after all, thank goodness!

I couldn't let my Father's Day post go by without mentioning my own father and father-in-law. As a child my dad was the biggest kid ever, which made him so much fun to do things with! I honestly have the fondest memories of going to the local arcade, riding bikes all around town, and getting ice cream with my dad. He was always up for anything I wanted to do--even though it became increasingly shopping related as I got older lol. My father-in-law has also been a great example to me for the past four years, and I have really appreciated the sound advice he has given to Sam and I as we have had to navigate finances and whatnot in marriage. Both of these great men are wonderful to my boys when they come visit, and I am glad that their grandpas are good examples for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment