Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October = Pumpkin Patch Time!

Happy fall! Since (mostly) recovering from our nasty bouts of sickness, we've tried to get out when we have a chance and do some fun stuff :]

One of the most fun things we did a couple of weekends ago was visiting a pumpkin patch up in Farmington. Entry was free (fantastic for young families like us with short attention spans lol), and you even got to push your own wheelbarrow around to haul around pumpkins. That really turned into hauling a toddler around in the wheelbarrow, but hey, he enjoyed it so it was well worth it. The pumpkins were only 29 cents a pound, which wasn't much more than the stores at the time, so we escaped with five smaller pumpkins for under 10 dollars. Big win in my book. We were only going to get four pumpkins (one per person), but Jayson got really attached to a little baby pumpkin he saw on the way out, and didn't want to let it go. Since it was little and cheap, we went with it. But enough talk, here are some of the pictures I took:

The boys enjoying the nice weather at the pumpkin patch--5 pm was a good time to go on the weekend!

Jayson also enjoyed pushing around the wheelbarrow, as opposed to just sitting in it. It was practically as big as him though, so it didn't last for very long.

Three of our five pumpkins. I believe Jayson was excitedly pointing at a giant pumpkin in this picture.

Jayson and Max posing for a picture. I don't think Max has quite figured out how to smile on command haha.

Jayson and I being a farmer; just proof that I actually tagged along on this expedition!

 I'm not sure what type of strange gourd this was, but Max seems just as confused as Sam was to its name.....

Max didn't help us pick out any of our final five pumpkins (he's just not strong enough to pick them up yet) but he did enjoy getting to explore the mini-pumpkins since he could hold them all by himself. Ultimately, he preferred to chuck them on the ground, but hey, he at least had a chance.

We've also visited the zoo several times, but I will have to post those pictures once I figure out how to get them off of my new phone and onto the computer. We are going to attempt to take some family pictures this weekend as well, so hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will have some of those to show off as well :]

P.S. On October 3rd, I had my blood drawn to be sent out for CSID genetic testing. We are eagerly awaiting the results to come back (but will probably have to be patient for at least another week) and I will most definitely post about that when I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment