Sunday, April 14, 2013

Birthday Blogging

Well folks, it's official: I'm another year older. And maybe wiser, because today I am feeling very grateful for a lot of things in my life! Here are all the great things that have happened because I exist and aged lol:

Friday night my family threw me a really fun little party. We had enchilada pasta for dinner, along with a yellow cake/chocolate frosting and THREE different kinds of ice cream. Obviously Jayson didn't--he had homemade meatballs and a sugar free chocolate--but hey I can request something starchy and sugary for MY birthday right?? Although, I have to admit, I felt pretty guilty when he crawled into my lap and wanted to try my cake and ice cream. Thankfully, he decided not too long after I denied it to him that that he really wanted to play outside instead, so my guilt eased up a bit :]

Apparently lighting 24 candles on a cake is a fire hazard, because midway though the Happy Birthday song, the smoke alarm in the house started wailing! I almost totally spit all over the cake trying to blow out the candles because I was still laughing too hard (it's the little things in life, right?). I got some nice trinkets from my family, and my dear husband got me a certificate for an at-home professional massage. I seriously cannot wait to redeem it! I was thinking this Saturday, but we have two more April birthdays in the families to celebrate that day (plus Sam's mom will be visiting). I love getting to celebrate birthdays though so I figure I can live a few more weeks until a massage.

Today I got to sleep in until 7:45--the beauties of not working a morning shift a work! However, we did have to go to church and teach our 9 year old primary kids, and then I did have to head into work from 12-10:30. But, if I'm looking on the bright side, Sam taught the primary lesson this week, and work has been really quiet. I have enjoyed the time to catch up on blogging and whatnot, while doing the occasional item of work that comes in. A few nice co-workers of mine brought in brownies and ice cream that I got to enjoy on my evening break a few hours ago. The boys even called me before they went to bed to tell me good night. Jayson is so cute on the phone as of late (he tells me hi, night-night, and love you) and Max cried in my ear lol. I've been promised a clean house when I get home, which is a pretty exciting way to end my birthday day if you ask me.

I've had a lot of thoughts on CSID lately that I want to share. The good news is that they are a bit more positive than my last downer post. The bad news is that I'm running short on time to talk about them now, so I think I will save that for another slow work shift in the near future :]

No comments:

Post a Comment