Sunday, July 28, 2013

Jayson's Second Birthday

Well, it's official: I have both a 2 year old AND a 6 month old. Man does time fly! Really does seem like yesterday that I still had several months to contemplate their upcoming birthday/half birthday. I think it's so fun that they pretty much share the same time of year for a birthday and half birthday (Jayson is July 26th and Max is January 27th...almost a perfect half year apart).

Jayson Is Two!

On Jayson's actual 2nd birthday (Friday the 26th) I had to work most of the day. I was kind of bummed, but had to laugh when I realized this was the third July 26th I had spent in a hospital (2011-having Jayson, 2012-internship, 2013-work). Guess it's kind of a tradition now. But Sam was able to spend the day with him, along with Max and Jayson's cousin Mayce who just turned 3 a few months ago. It was perfect company :] He also had the perfect breakfast, filching almost two-thirds of his special zucchini bread that we made the night before. Here's a picture of the damage (it used to be a full loaf)....



Anyway, once I got home I found a really really really big box in my living room. Turns out we got Jayson's birthday gift from Sam's family. Here's a video of Jayson LOVING it (and so do we)!

 

Yesterday (Saturday the 27th) we had a little get together with my family to celebrate Jayson's birthday...pretty sure we are always looking for a good excuse to have pizza and cake! We figured out how to make CSID friendly pizza crust that is to die for, so for the first time in six months he got to enjoy pizza and not just the toppings! His cake was not CSID friendly but he was okay eating his leftover zucchini bread. Speaking of the cake, I think Sam did a fantastic job making/decorating it:


Here's just a few more shots of Jayson enjoying his party. He was really excited for the concept of a party every time this week when I would tell him it was almost time for his party.....but I still wasn't so sure if he was going to get it or not once the big event finally arrived. As you can see, he was totally getting that he was the center of attention and loved it!


Opening his presents. This may have been his favorite part. He parked his bum in the "birthday chair" and squealed with delight at each card and gift. I was pleased that he already knows to show the appropriate thanks, and that he gets so excited over cash haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment