Monday, January 27, 2014

Captain's Log: Week 195

This was a much calmer week *insert sigh of relief here*......I'm trying to think of exciting things to share with you, but nothing extraordinary pops out. I take it back--it IS Max's first birthday today, hurray! But, since that technically falls under next week's posting, we're back to not a lot of anything this week. I'm totally cool with that though, to be honest with you. Going to work and lounging around during my time off is something I can handle :] Took a few random pictures this week, so here they are for your enjoyment:

Jayson wanted his picture taken one day, before we left for daycare. What a little cutie...I love this boy so much when he's being good! He's honestly tried harder lately to be good, and I've tried harder to be patient, so all is well. Wish I could break him of his beloved sippy cup already, but one thing to work on at a time, right? Speaking of working on stuff, potty training has not exactly been high on Jayson's priorities this week. He goes when he feels like it, whether that's on the potty or in his pants, which is frustrating for the parentals here. We are hoping that it is just a stage he's going through and not extreme regression--but either way we are pushing upward and onward in the quest.
Max kinda looks like a sleepy alien in this picture, but it's really hard to get a one year old to smile for the camera. Almost as hard as it is to get a two and a half year old to hold still for a picture, now that I think about it haha. Max toddles around the house now like a pro, and is loving walking....it totally cracks me up sometimes. This kid has learned so many new things in the past week that it would make for a list too long to read in one post--it's crazy how fast he picks up on things! I think he looks so much like his daddy lately, except he has a strong hint of red coming through in his hair that's all from mommy. It makes me so proud LOL :] Max is enjoying more new table foods--this week he decided that he especially likes sugar free chocolate and eggs. Plain pumpkin bored him, and cottage cheese was okay after all.


Love my kitty cats. Took this on Saturday night, when they both crawled into my lap. It had been so long since Gidget wandered downstairs on her own, that I had to capture the happy image. I think she's starting to feel a bit better....I've at least seen some signs of progress. She walks around a bit more often, is beginning to frequent her favorite spots again (instead of just staying in one spot all day long), and has started to somewhat resist her feedings through the tube. Not that she's out of the woods by any means, but I love seeing any progress. Tomorrow I take her to the vet to be weighed and have follow-up blood work; hopefully it all looks better than last week. Tonka is his usual happy self as you can see, an eager attention-hog haha.

Sam made it to the pool once again last Tuesday, so at least we are starting to make a habit of that one day a week. Two would be much better of course, but all in good time. We are also seriously considering getting an elliptical for our house, so we can work out whenever we please. Gotta figure out where the money is going to come from, but it's high on my to-get list.

I was so sick yesterday that I didn't even make it to church. Big frowny sad face here. I seriously tried to get ready several different times, and got so tired that I never finished. Thank goodness I wasn't working, so I could get good rest. I really wanted to make it to the temple at least once before January was up, but this week is pretty dang packed, so we will see.

Next week's post will contain a little more excitement, I promise. See you all then :]

No comments:

Post a Comment